Sunday, November 13, 2016
Have you ever wanted to learn how to make incredible sushi, or about the customs and etiquette of Japanese cuisine? Please join us for Edomae Sushi 101, a hands-on course taught by Jackson Yu, Omakase’s co-founder and Michelin-starred executive chef, which includes a luncheon as well as demonstrations and tips on Japanese etiquette, rice preparation, fish selection, and sushi rolling techniques.
Class participants will be invited to prepare the following dishes:
- Seafood Salad - wakame, cucumber, crab meat, picked radish, wonton chips
- Uni Hand Roll - uni, ikura, quail egg
- Tekka Maki - tuna
- Omakase Roll – anago, cucumber, sancho pepper, takuwan
- Nine pieces of Nigiri – tuna, toro, aji, hirame, uni, wagyu beef, ocean trout, ikura, kampachi
- Each guest will be gifted a sample sake bottle, a copy of each recipe, a sushi kit and a fact sheet about knife handling, fish selection tips and basic sushi preparation. Due to the restaurant’s capacity, the course is limited to 14 guests.
- The class is $95 per person, inclusive of tax and gratuity.
For tickets, please visit Eventbrite.
Menu subject to change.